Friday, January 12, 2007

the price of slavery




It all started with an obession.

A beautiful black trench coat.

For the winter, I thought to myself, "Wouldn't this be lovely?".

As I put it on, I knew nothing could have been any better. "It fitted peerrrfectly". BUT, it was WAY out of my budget.

After awhile, my mom kinda got the hint that I loved the coat and offered me a deal. The coat for a month of housework.

Probably it was the atmosphere, or maybe the fact that I saw a lady holding the exact same coat at the check-out. *argh, kiasuness*. Hence, it was a split second decision. 'It's a deal'.

I thought it would be easy, cleaning the house twice a week, piece of cake. I've helped around the house before. It shouldn't be tough. I can handle it.

Surprise, surprise! Housework is SUPER tiring. By the time I finished vacuuming, I feel EXTREMELY exhausted. Then comes the mopping. By then I'm all drained out, *kosong*. Now I really appreciate maids. *People, pls be nicer to them, it's really a TOUGH job!*


Lesson learned. Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it *at a price*.



P/S: I just found out that I might not be able to wear it in Melb cause it's not that cold. *SMARTNESS*

No comments: