Tuesday, February 06, 2007

genius

I hate to admit this but I do think I'm some sort of genius...

*stop laughing!*ARGH!!!

Well, I had to get everything done before I left for melbourne; eg: seeing the dentist, PACKING, etc etc.

My parents got me this watch from San Francisco which I hardly wear. Don't get me wrong, I adore it but I just love it too much to wear it.





Anyway, I started wearing the watch. Then after sometime, I notice something really peculiar. The swarvoski crystals at the side started to turning dark.



Thus, this embarked the beginning of my search to clean those crystals. I started with midvalley's Guess shop and...

Me: Could you do anything to clean it? (shows watch)
Y : Erm, we don't do cleaning, we've got to send it to the service centre.
Me: Oh ok. How long would that take?
Y : 2 weeks.
Me: (in deep thoughts *!!@@!!!, I'm leaving in a few days!!!*)
Erm, thanks then.

Next target...(another watch shop)

Me: Can you do anything about this?(shows dirty crystals)
X : Looks at the crystals with a magnifying glass (then takes it to his supervisor)
( few minutes later)
X : Sorry, we can't do anything. Probably you could go to Guess.
Me: ........umm, thanks.

Back home...
I searched everything I could on the net for tips to clean the soiled crystals.

Then, I came across a website that suggested to soak the watch in lukewarm water with dishwashing detergent and gently brush it with a toothbrush.

I did exactly that. It worked!!!

One crystal started turning clear. I was so encouraged that I started brushing even harder. However, the other two remained dark. I finally gave up and stopped brushing. Next, I took a toothpick to check whether all the crystals were intact.

OMG!!!!!

The crystal that was supposedly 'cleaned' was missing!

I am such a 'GENIUS'.

ARGH!!!!

ARGH!!!!

ARGH!!!!

Hopefully no one would notice. Maybe except you guys who are reading this and would be STARING at my watch to look for the missing crystal. CRAP!!!

3 comments:

aaronparan said...

hahaha the crystals on my guess watch are still there.

feel like wanna cabut them la. stupid people go ask me, you wearing girl's watch ah?

-__-'

LX said...

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..... Kat, oh Kat. This is like.... so funny!!

kAtHryN® said...

lolx...now i feel really stupid:(